Monday 1 April 2013

Media OTS Evaluation Question 4

Who would be the audience for your media product? 


The audience for my OTS is Men aged 18 to 25, i chose this demographic as the content of my media product reflects the pleasures and expectations for this particular age group. To get my audience i carried out some tasks to make sure my media product was suitable and appealed to this group. The tasks i carried out were: I researched the average age of the audience of a "Noir' film, when i found that the average age was 18 to 35 I narrowed this down by the accessibility of the product as the audience may not have the time to access my film and if they can understand the content within the plot points, i also considered how much this demographic would be willing to pay to watch or stream a film. I chose men in particular as the content within my film would appeal to men more than women as i have used sex appeal of the femme fatale, the violence of crime, the element of mystery created with the death of the femme fatale, also the experience of watching my film the male who watches the film will feel like the "big man" which means when watching with a date they can protect them from the impending danger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment