Monday 1 April 2013

Media OTS Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at my preliminary task i learnt how to film a more structured production as I produced storyboards detailing what would happen in each shot. When i shot the task with my group I also learnt to use a variety of different shots as this helps to captivate the audiences attention and can portray particular emotions or events in a certain way. I also learnt how to edit in more detail as i and one other missed a lesson and our partner had edited most of the product and i then helped with editing the shots. I had also learnt of new terminology that related to making my product as well as new shots such as high and low angled shots, over the shoulder shots and many more.

With my opening title sequence i feel that me and my group created an interesting, structured and character driven product, i feel that when looking back at my preliminary task that we could improve it in some certain aspects. I think that if we used different locations like more urban settings that the film would have a more gritty and realistic tone towards it as this would create a mystery of where the setting is and what the characters are driven to do. I also think that if we had included more actors as different characters we could have created a greater sense of danger and tension between them as our film is essentially a murder mystery, it could create hooks and enigmas to make the audience carry on watching. If we had used more cameras i feel that we could have got more interesting range and variety of shots and this could help show characters' emotions as i feel in our OTS that the emotion of the femme fatale is not clear.

We had a few contraits throughout the product which set us back as a group. Our first original film accidentally got deleted which we then found out that couldn't be recovered, this then meant we had to start the making of a new film in less than 2 weeks. I feel we dealt with these problems maturely and productively as this type of thing might happen in a real production of a movie and as a group we worked well and overcame these problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment